The Ashok Leyland Stile has been launched in Mumbai today in three trim levels – LE, LS and LX. Standard across the lineup are features such as air conditioning, power steering, tilt-adjustable steering and foldable seats.
Based on the Nissan Evalia, the Stile gets sliding rear windows, optional captains seats on the second row, floor mounted secondary aircon vents, and a closed glovebox. That being said, the Stile misses out on safety features such as ABS, EBD and airbags.
On the mid LS variant, Ashok Leyland offers body-colored bumpers, central locking, power windows at the front, dual-tone beige interiors and optional alloy wheels.
The Stile is produced at the Renault-Nissan alliance plant in Oragadam near Chennai. Ashok Leyland is targeting fleet operators, panel van operators, hotel shuttle services and courier services with the Stile.
The Stile is powered by the 1.5-liter Renault-sourced K9K engine. While the engine in the Evalia outputs 84.8bhp and 200Nm of torque, on the Stile, it produces 75bhp and 185Nm of torque. Thanks to this detuning, the Stile is able to achieve 19.5km/l as compared to the Evalia’s 19.3km/l.
Ashok Leyland is offering a 2 years/50,000km warranty on the Stile.
Ashok Leyland Stile Prices (ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Ashok Leyland Stile LE 8 seater – Rs 7.49 lakh
- Ashok Leyland Stile LE 7 seater – Rs 7.99 lakh
- Ashok Leyland Stile LS 8 seater – Rs 8.49 lakh
- Ashok Leyland Stile LS 7 seater – Rs 8.79 lakh
- Ashok Leyland Stile LX 8 seater -Rs 8.29 lakh
- Ashok Leyland Stile LX 7 seater – Rs 8.99 lakh
- Ashok Leyland Stile LX 7 seater with optional alloy wheels – Rs 9.29 lakh