Honda Dream Neo launched in Mumbai at Rs. 46,140
Nithyanandh K, As a toddler, those wheeled machinery fascinated me even before I knew what they’re called as! So here I'm, petrolhead by birth, Mechanical engineer by qualification and automotive reporter by profession!
The Honda Dream Neo, the most affordable two wheeler from Honda, has been launched in Mumbai with the price range starting from Rs. 46,140 (ex-showroom Mumbai).
The Dream Neo which made its debut earlier this year will slot below the Dream Yuga commuter bike. The entry level price of the Neo is almost Rs. 3,000 cheaper than that of the Dream Yuga. While the Yuga plays at the premium end of the commuter segment, the Neo will have the price sensitive end covered.
At first glance, its easy to mistake the Dream Neo as a Dream Yuga or even as the CB Shine! The three motorcycles looks almost similar with only the body decals being the immediately distinguishable feature. Of course similar designs will definitely go a long way in reducing the production cost, and will also improve the flexibility of the assembly lines.
The Neo gets its power from a 109cc 4-stroke air-cooled engine which develops 8.25 bhp @ 7,500 rpm and a best-in-class torque of 8.63 Nm @ 5,500 rpm. The four speed gearbox adopts “all up” shift pattern. Honda has incorporated the Honda Eco Technology (HET) which results in a claimed fuel economy of 74kpl.
The motorcycle offers six dual tone color themes – Black with Red stripes, Black with Violet stripes, Force Silver Metallic, Monsoon Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic and Alpha Red Metallic. The Honda Dream Neo is available in three variants.
Pointers from the press conference
- Achieved 13 Million customers (yesterday), No.2 in India now
- 3rd plant will have added capacity of 6 lakh units by 2014 this will take total capacity to 46 lakh units
- New bike launched to expand portfolio in the 100-110cc segment
- Neo would take 60% share while the Yuga and the Twister takes the rest of it
- Neo is the cheapest offering from HMSI
- 1st motorcycle to use HET engine
- Dealer dispatches already commenced
- Neo is doing good in North India and is said to be growing faster than Yuga
- Plans to sell 8 lakhs units in the mass market
- 60% of mass market product sales come from rural area
Prices of the Honda Dream Neo (ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Kick starter/drum brakes/spoke wheels with tuff-up tube – Rs. 46,140
- Kick starter/drum brakes/alloy wheels with tubeless tires – Rs. 47,189
- Self starter/drum brakes/alloy wheels with tubeless tires – Rs. 50,426
Head to Page 2 for the detailed image gallery.