Ford EcoSport demo units spotted at dealerships

Posted on: Jun 21, 2013 - 3:05pm IST

With Ford India having confirmed the launch of the Ford EcoSport for June 26, we were expecting to see the mini SUV arrive at dealerships for demo and test drive purposes.

Ford EcoSport demo car front

Dealerships pan India have started receiving their EcoSports for customer test drive purposes. A few Indian Autos Blog readers have also sent us some images of the demo cars. We observe that the demo EcoSports are white in color with an orange decal on the side saying “Ford EcoSport The Urban SUV”.

Ford EcoSport demo car side

After calling up a few dealers we learn that customers can take a look at the car, sit inside and even crank the engine, but you cannot drive the car as yet. You’ll have to wait until June 26 for that.

Ford EcoSport demo car rear three quarters

You can also book your EcoSport right now after paying an initial amount of INR 50,000. We learn that the waiting period for the 1.0-liter EcoBoost already stretches to about 90 days at some dealerships. You can expect the 1.5-liter TDCi diesel to have a lesser waiting period, as the ratio of production would be favoring the diesel.

Ford EcoSport demo car rear

Check out our exhaustive coverage of the Ford EcoSport spanning over 185 stories

Given that Ford India has already received a lot of bookings for the EcoSport (and that production has started), we expect customer deliveries to commence from the day of the launch.

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Ford?

19 thoughts on “Ford EcoSport demo units spotted at dealerships

1. gaurav says:

FORD IS WHAT FROD COMPANY OR SOMETHING AS IT STARTED BOOKING ECOSPORT WITHOUT ITS PRICE, OFFICIAL LAUNCH? FROD FROD FROD TOTAL FROD COMPANY LOOK AT COMPANIES LIKE HONDA , MARUTI, TOYOTA THEY NEVER START BOOKING WITHOUT LAUNCHING THERE PRODUCT.

2. ASHISH SINGH says:

Hi dear
    i am planning to buy a suv but i am bit confused,please advise me which will be better Duster or Eco sport.Please advise me…

1. Ayyappan says:

Hey Ashish !

To be honest, both Duster and Ecosport are not real SUV’s. They are designed to look like SUV’s and cannot function as SUV’s in the real world. They cannot be used for offroading and tackling bad roads like the Safari Storme, Pajero, Fortuner etc. High ground clearance and seating position doesn’t make a car an SUV. The Dusters and Ecosports are designed for car like drive with its monocoque construction targeting the city user and just cannot take any kind of abuse unless heavily modified. (Even the XUV500 belong to this category). Real SUV’s rely on the ladder on frame construction and can be pushed to the limits, in case you want to take your car for a forest weekend trip 🙂

The Duster can be an alternative for a SEDAN since its cabin is a proper 5 seater and the boot is massive, spacious enough for a 5 or 4 member family to stuff all your long drive luggage. Excellent ride, handling and mileage. Average interiors and overpriced.

The Ecosport, on the other hand can be alternative for a HATCHBACK because of its sub 4 metre small size. Its cabin is good enough only for 4 adults and the boot at 362 litres is tiny for an SUV. Excellent styling elements and proportions, tech loaded. Pricing expected in the 6 lac range. Yet to drive, but per reports, the ride is not as good as Duster, the Ecoboost engine suffers from lag and the steering doesnt offer adequate feedback like the Figo.

My honest suggestion would be -Don’t run after trends and brands. Define your requirements and then decide on an appropriate choice…Hatchback, Sedan, SUV or the Psuedo SUV’s. I was following the Ecosport for sometime and would have personally bought the Ecosport as a Sedan alternative, only if it was the size of Duster atleast. Went ahead with the Amaze since the Ecosport was too small for my 4 member family and I didn’t want to hire a taxi for my weekend trips with family.

Personal opinion, no offence intended. Good luck mate.

1. Deepak Chablani says:

Hello Mr. Ayyappan.~

You have a valid point. People here feel every big car is an SUV and buying an SUV is a status symbol kinda feeling even if they don’t require the thing.

Is the Ecosport seriously a 4 seater car ? That’s being stupid. I’m hell shocked. I lived in US for long and we hardly have 1/2 people in the car all the time. So, this should do well abroad.

2. $@! says:

That depends on your requirement. Can you Specify what your requirements are? for Ex. Space, Ride Quality, Handling etc

3. CarD says:

Hi Ashish. I own a Duster – diesel and I have been followin the Ecosport news to cinfirm whether my dcision was right or not.

A couple of things – Diesel engine of Duster is better than Ford’s offerin but petrol of Ford is def better. But if you are gettin an SUV, i dont see the point of a petrol version

Rear space is def more in Duster. If you regularly travel with 5 ppl in crar, Ford is not for you. Same is the case with the luggage space.

Ford does hve better features but in the end, I think the bigger capacity and more ground clearance makes Duster the smarter choice.

Hope that helps!

4. roshani says:

cn u snd ur number thn I wl tl u wht r the diff.b/w duster n ecospt…mail me..

3. Jai says:

I have taken the test drive on Thursday itself. Good ground clearance.

4. Dhananjayan says:

I see it daily…
    Should be priced less than Duster to be successful!!
    Considering that its Under Four Meter, its gotta be below 11 lacs!!

5. Hitin suri says:

I have booked with Harpreet Ford . Titatanium AT white colour but Ford disappointed me little bit by not giving Smartkey in AT . Hope they are listening & may do it . I am not bother about price . I suggest Ford to give as optional AT , if somebody is ready to pay than he can get it . Pls Mr . Joginder Singh is kindly do favour to us .

6. mm says:

SURPRISING! TEST DRIVES ,i THOUGHT WILL OCCUR POST THE LAUNCH

7. Yuvi says:

If ford price it between 6-8 Lac ,this is going to be a massive hit like in china & brazil..! Come on Ford..!

8. nskumar says:

hi..i have booked a diesel titanium silver.2 days back i drove the demo vehicle from rajshree ford.light steering .No significant turbo lag.hop it is priced below 11 lacs on road for titanium

1. ASHISH SINGH says:

Dear already you have booked a car so and you had taken test drive also so please advise me which model will be the best and wether i go with duster or Ford eco…Awaiting for your revert…