Royal Enfield Bullet 500 soft launched through the web
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Royal Enfield has launched the Bullet 500 in India on the web. The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 UCE gets a carburetor instead of fuel injection and puts out 26.5 PS @ 5,100 rpm and 40.9 Nm @ 3,800 rpm.
The bike features a five-speed transmission and comes with an electric start option aside the kicker. It tips the scale at 193kg. It wears 19-inch wheels at the front an 18-inch wheels at the rear.
A noteworthy cosmetic addition is a new paintjob RE likes to call ‘Forest Green’. Other notable additions improving usability are the new seat profile (continuous type) and a grab rail with end cushion for the pillion.
Launch dates and prices haven’t been announced, but we’ll keep an eye out on this for you here at IndianAutosBlog.com.
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Technical Specifications
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Engine
- Type- Single Cylinder, 4 stroke, Twinspark, Air cooled.
- Displacement – 499cc
- Bore x stroke – 84mm x 90mm
- Compression Ratio – 8.5:1
- Maximum Power – 26.1 bhp @ 5100 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 40.9 Nm @ 3800 rpm
- Ignition System – TCI Unit, Multi curve
- Clutch – Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox – 5 Speed Constant Mesh
- Lubrication – Wet sump
- Engine Oil – Oil 15 W 50 API, SL Grade JASO MA
- Fuel Supply – Carburettor with throttle position sensor
- Air Cleaner – Corrugated Paper Element
- Engine Start – Electric/Kick
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Chassis & Suspension
- Type – Single downtube, using engine as stressed member
- Front suspension – Telescopic, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension – Twin gas charged shock absorbers, 80mm travel
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Dimensions
- Wheelbase – 1370 mm
- Ground Clearance – 135 mm
- Length – 2140 mm
- Width – 810 mm (Without Mirror)
- Height – 1110 mm (Without Mirror)
- Kerb Weight (with 90% Fuel ) – 193 Kg
- Fuel Capacity – 13.5 Ltr
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Brakes & Tyres
- Tyres Fr. – 90/90 – 19
- Tyres Rr. – 120/80 – 18
- Brakes Front – 280mm Disc, 2-Piston caliper
- Brakes Rear – 153mm Drum, Single Lead Internal Expanding
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electricals
- Electrical System – 12 volt – DC
- Battery – 12 volt, 14 Ah
- Head Lamp – 60/55 W, HALOG
- Tail lamp – 12V, 21W/5W