Auto Shanghai 2013 Live – Mercedes reveals facelifted E Class LWB version
Posted on: Apr 20, 2013 - 4:13pm IST
After launching the Mercedes E Class facelift at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, the Stuttgart maker has decided to show some love to the fastest growing auto market in the world.
Mercedes has revealed the long wheel base version of the E Class facelift at the ongoing 2013 Auto Shanghai. The Chinese have a special liking for cars with extra leg space. Thus, all luxury automakers develop an LWB version of their existing line up to feed the Chinese demand. Mercedes is no exception.
The LWB version gets an extra 11cm in length thus offering generous levels of space and comfort at the back. It will replace the outgoing “dual headlamp” Mercedes E Class L. The facelifted version will be offered in four guises –
- E200L (1.8L turbocharged petrol engine with 184hp)
- E260L (1.8L turbocharged petrol engine with 204 hp)
- E300L (3.0L V6 with 231hp)
- E400L (3.5 V6 engine with 333hp/490Nm)
It features all the goodies of a regular Mercedes E Class facelift such as –
- Night vision assistance systems
- DISTRONIC PLUS radar-based braking assistance program
- BAS PLUS emergency brake assist
- Active Blind Spot Assist system
- Attention Assist system
- Lane departure warning system
Like the outgoing model, the facelifted E Class LWB will be produced in China by the Beijing-Benz joint venture. The rule of thumb is that these LWB models are not sold anywhere else in the world, they are manufactured and sold only in China.