Auto Shanghai 2013 Live – Ford unveils Escort Sedan Concept
Posted on: Apr 20, 2013 - 7:22am IST
Ford has attacked the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show with 23 vehicles, one of which is the Ford Escort sedan concept being showcased for the first time.
Ford has chosen to debut the Escort concept at 2013 Shanghai auto show because it expects 70 percent of its growth in the next 10 years to come from its Asia Pacific and African region. Ford goes ahead to say that this concept here will go ahead in ensuring mobility for everyone and that the brand promise is captured in this particular concept.
The Escort is Ford’s second concept car in 2013, after the Atlas Concept which was previewed at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in January.
This is also the second Ford concept car making a global debut at China. Earlier, Ford had presented the Start Concept at Beijing motor show three years ago. Unfortunately, it has not made to production even after all these years.
Details about the Escort Concept –
- It’s a compact sedan
- However, it is being projected as a spacious car that can accommodate your friends and family
- Ford says that the fundamental pillars of this car are the ‘Quality green safe technology’
- Designed and developed in China, for China
- Target audience: A young and modern Chinese family
- Will ensure Ford a piece of the 5.5 million compact car’s that are projected to be sold
Pointers from Ford’s conference today:
Ford has witnessed a growth of about 30% for the year 2012. Ford has also announced that by the year 2015, they will have 5 new manufacturing plants in China. Production is expected to be doubled to 1.2 million units while there will be 15 new products that Ford will launch in China by 2015.