Geneva Live – Nissan’s European Note marks its global unveiling
Posted on: Mar 5, 2013 - 8:32pm IST
At this year’s Geneva Motor Show, Nissan has a lot of debuts, both world exclusives and European exclusive.
We took a look at the new Nissan Note, which marks its European debut. The Note is a B Segment hatchback that is scheduled to go on sale in the European markets during the autumn of this year.
The Nissan Note at a glance:
- B Segment hatchback from the Japanese car maker
- Scheduled to go on sale during the later part of this year
- Inspired by the Invitation concept that was shown at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show
- It is built on the Nissan V platform
- Four engine and transmission options will be offered, with CO2 outputs from as low as 95g/km
- Entry-level 1.2-litre 3 cylinder produces power and torque figures of 80PS at 6,000 rpm and 110Nm at 4,000 rpm. This translates to combined fuel economy of 4.7 l/100km (21.27km/l)
- Higher 1.2-litre DIG-S engine generates 98PS at 5,600 rpm and 142Nm of torque at 4,400 rpm. Among the many technical highlights of this engine is the supercharger. Equipped with an electronic clutch system, it can be disconnected from the engine while driving at low speeds – boosting economy and reducing any unnecessary friction within the engine. Offers 4.3 l/100km (23.25km/l)
- The four-cylinder 90bhp 1.5-litre turbo diesel K9K is available as well and offers a combined fuel economy figure of 3.6 l/100km (27.78km/l).
- The new Note will launch with three trim grades – Visia, Acenta and Tekna
- New safety features include Blind Spot Warning, Moving Object detection and Lane departure warning
Prices for the Note will be released shortly before its official launch in the market.