Geneva Live – Kia Provo Concept graces the stage
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
We are at Kia’s stall at the Geneva Motor Show and the Korean car maker has just taken the wraps off the Kia Provo Concept, a Mini sized vehicle with aggressive looks and unconventional design.
The company explains the ‘Provo’ as a concept which could lead to a potential B Segment car for enthusiasts. The Coupe style hatchback has Mini in its sights with its muscular styling and compact dimensions. The car is 3.88 metres long, 1.77 metres wide and 1.35 metres tall.
Features of the Kia Provo Concept
- 1.6 T-GDi (Turbocharged Gasonline Direct injection) engine which develops 204 PS and powers the front wheels
- Additional regenerative hybrid electric system provides 45 PS to the rear wheels
- Low speed electric only motion
- Kia’s first 7-Speed dual clutch transmission
- Carbon fiber panels
- Headlamps made up of 850 tiny programmable LEDs which can be used as headlamps or DRLs
- 19″ milled alloy wheels
- Doors are made up of three layer of materials – carbon fiber, neoprene and polished aluminium
- Dashboard made of single slab of carbon fiber
- Low glow ambient illumination in red color
- Developed by Kia’s European design centre
Pointers from the Kia press conference
- “Power to surprise” is their new motto
- 19.3% overall growth in sales with 2.3 million vehicles sold
- Sales got doubled in just 5 years
- Last year’s revenue stands at 42 billion US $
- Third plant in China is under construction
Kia has not mentioned any details about the production plans of the Provo Concept, but if the automaker plans to bring the production model sometime in the future, we expect it to sport a watered down design.