Geneva live – Production version of McLaren P1 breaks cover
Posted on: Mar 5, 2013 - 5:43pm IST
If fast, gorgeous and tech laden cars are your definition of automotive nirvana, then stay hooked to Indian Autos Blog today as we bring you all you need to know about not one but three supercars that are being unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, complete with live images.
McLaren has just unveiled the production version of the Mclaren P1 hypercar and here are the live images all the way from show floor. The looks of the P1 stays true to the concept version which was unveiled at the Paris Motor Show last year.
The Hybrid hypercar is powered by a “substantially revised” version of the M838T mid-mounted 3.8 litre twin turbo V8 petrol engine which pumps out a surreal 727 bhp of power and 720 Nm of torque. That is not all. The performance figures are further enhanced to 903 bhp and 900 Nm by IPAS (Instant Power Assist System) which employs a light weight motor.
Pointers from the launch floor – McLaren P1
- Dual clutch seven speed gear box drives the rear wheels
- F1 style DRS (lowers the drag by 23%) and IPAS for added straight line performance
- Emissions of less than 200 g/km
- Full electric mode for over 10 km for emission free driving
- The engine block has unique casting to accommodate the electric motor
- When off the throttle, the motor recovers energy from braking and recharges the battery
- High strength F1 grade carbon fiber MonoCage chassis
- The 96 kg battery back is mounted onto the under body of the chassis
- The battery can also be charged by a plug in charger which takes 2 hours for a full charge
The McLaren P1 hypercar is a result of cutting edge engineering and inch perfect detailing.