Geneva Live – Mitsubishi’s Concept GR-HEV revealed
Kaustubh Shinde, They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don't find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store.Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
Mitsubishi has revealed the GR-HEV concept at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. This concept gives us a glimpse of what the next generation Triton pickup truck would look like. The Concept is more on the lines of a sporty utility. Mitsubishi calls it Sport Utility Hybrid Truck.
It has a ‘dual design’ philosophy which mates a clean 2.5L diesel engine and one electric motor with full-time four-wheel drive. It also has Mitsubishi’s Super All Wheel Control vehicle dynamics control system.
The Japanese firm claims the GR-HEV has CO2 emissions of under 149 g/km making it the greenest in its class. It weighs one tone which is very light for a pick-up truck.
Considering the old Triton, which eventually spawned the Pajero Sport and replaced the aging Pajero SFX in India, there is a very good chance we are looking at the next generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Pointers from the Press Conference
- Mitsubishi started making cars in 1917 and now sells cars in 160 countries
- Mitsubishi’s first EV was iMev in 2009.
- Concept GR-HEV is the 8th hybrid electric vehicle from Mitsubishi
- Osamu Masuko, President of Mitsubishi, says that it is a revolution in product development.
- It features revolutionary @Earth technology which is based on three pillars – Environmental Responsibility, Driving pleasure, Toughness and Safety