Geneva Live – Mercedes A 45 AMG launched at 49,000 Euros
Nithyanandh K, As a toddler, those wheeled machinery fascinated me even before I knew what they’re called as! So here I'm, petrolhead by birth, Mechanical engineer by qualification and automotive reporter by profession!
The Mercedes A 45 AMG has been unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. The baby AMG is priced at 49,000 Euros (Rs. 34.98 lakhs).
The performance version of the super successful A Class completes the lineup and is the first small car that the Affalterbach based AMG ever worked its magic on. The super hot hatchback is powered by the world’s most powerful series production 4 cylinder engine.
The 2.0 litre turbocharged direct injection petrol engine is tuned to produce a highly commendable 360 bhp of power and 450 Nm of torque. The power density of the engine stands at 181 bhp, more than enough to puts some supercars in shame.
Pointers from the launch floor – Mercedes A 45 AMG
- Powered by 2.0 litre 360 hp engine
- Returns 40.9 MPG in NEDC (New European Drive Cycle) scale
- Complies to Euro6 emission standard
- One person single handedly built AMG engine, the typical AMG style
- AMG 4MATIC all wheel drive system specifically developed for front wheel drive Mercs comes as standard
- 0-100 kph in 4.6 seconds
- Electronically limited top speed of 250 kph (155 kph)
- Dual Clutch 7-speed transmission with three driving modes
- Three stage ESP with Curve Dynamic Assist
- AMG Aerodynamic package along with carbon fibre exterior mirror housing
- AMG speed sensitive steering
- The sports seats are wrapped with ARTICO man made leather or DYNAMICA microfiber with red contrast stitching
The A 45 AMG form the gateway into horsepower awesomeness that comes guaranteed with any Merc which carries that hallowed three letter badging. And the fact that its the most affordable AMG seals the deal!
Mercedes also announced that some of their new comers are yet to arrive hinting at more products. The company also predicts top sales globally in the second quarter of the year.