Geneva Live – The wraps comes off the Alfa Romeo 4C
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Alfa Romeo’s stall is extremely special for this year’s Geneva Motor Show. The Italian car maker has just lifted the veil off the all new Alfa Romeo 4C.
Here is what you need to know about the Alfa Romeo 4C:
- Compact mid-engined supercar with rear-wheel drive and two bucket seats
- The new Alfa Romeo 4C is the result of experience built up with the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione model produced in the Maserati plant in Modena and it will be available for purchase in 2013
- Less than 4 metres in length, 200 cm wide, 118 cm high and with a wheelbase of less than 2.4 metres
- New 4 cylinder 1,750cc Turbo Petrol all-aluminium engine
- Top speed 250kmph and 0-100 kph in 4.5 seconds
- Weighs just 895 kg
- Alfa TCT twin clutch automatic transmission
- New Alfa DNA selector with Race mode
- Chassis made entirely of carbon with load-bearing and structural function
- Carbon fibre used in the interior as well
- Weight to power ratio less than 4 kg/HP
- The 4C achieves maximum aerodynamic efficiency levels, recording a negative Cz (downforce coefficient) which contributes towards achieving increased stability at higher speeds
The light weight sports car would be yours for 60,000 Euros (around Rs. 42.76 lakhs). A total of 3,500 units will be made out of which 1,200 are earmarked for the US alone. Europe gets 1,500 while only 800 cars are allotted for rest of the world.
[Note: Please stay tuned for clear images]