New York Live – 2014 Hyundai Equus (a.k.a. Centennial) scores high on luxury quotient [Images Updated]
Nithyanandh K, As a toddler, those wheeled machinery fascinated me even before I knew what they’re called as! So here I'm, petrolhead by birth, Mechanical engineer by qualification and automotive reporter by profession!
The 2014 Hyundai Equus (called as the Centennial in the Middle East) has just been unveiled at the New York Motor Show.
The luxury flagship saloon from Hyundai gets a midlife facelift along with a copious addition of luxury features. The three year old design is left untouched but the head and tail lamp elements have undergone modernization.
Features of the 2014 Hyundai Equus
- Powered by a 290 PS 3.8 litre V6 petrol engine or 435 PS 5.0 litre GDI V8 petrol engine depending on the market
- Both the engines are bolted to a 8-speed automatic transmission which was introduced in the MY2012
- Shift by wire transmission technology
- Fully adaptive LED headlamps and reprofiled LED tail lamps
- New 18″ alloy wheels (19″ alloy wheels are optional)
- Card type smart key
- Multimedia infotainment system with a 9.2″ touchscreen display and driver information system
- New TFT LCD display replaces the old analog instrument panel
- Premium analog clock in the center console
- Three theme options for interior – Black one-tone, Brown two-tone and Creme Beige two-tone
- Rear entertainment system with individual screens for the passengers
- Rear relaxation seat mode liberates more leg room by pushing the front passenger seat forward and it also deploys the thigh support
- Rear center armrest has a cooling/warming compartment
- Rear seats get powered lumbar supports
The added luxury features would help the Hyundai Equus to take the fight towards mighty German luxury saloons.