Geneva Live – Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible sheds its veil
Kaustubh Shinde, They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don't find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store.Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
After revealing the Corvette at the Detroit Motor Show, Chevrolet has chopped its roof off for the 2013 Geneva Motor Show.
It will sit alongside the Stingray and will feature a folding canvas hood which is tucked behind the passengers’ heads or some wind in your hair motoring.
The exterior styling looks identical to the hardtop with the same ‘gills’ behind the front wheel, gaping grille with a single chrome bar and large vent in the bonnet.
Chevy claims that it will deliver the same balance of technology, design and performance introduced on the coupe.
Pointers from the Press Conference
- Corvette represents the very soul of the company
- Stingray convertible is distinctively international in design
- Corvette chief engineer claims that from the very beginning the car was designed as an open top vehicle.
- It features one touch roof folding that can fold itself even at 50 km/hr
- Chassis tuning and everything else is same with the coupe that was shown at NAIAS 2013.
- The convertible is 45 kg lighter and 57% stiffer than outgoing model.
- It features the same 6.2L V8 engine with 450hp/610Nm. It has a 7 speed transmission.
- 0-100kph in 4 seconds flat
- European sales will start at the end of this year