The Jaguar XJ is the flagship luxury offering from the British car maker. It competes head on with the likes of the Mercedes S Class, Audi A8 and BMW 7 Series.
So how do you make a luxurious flagship even more luxurious? Jaguar answers that with the XJ Ultimate Edition. The Ultimate Edition (as the name suggests) represents the very best of experiences for the rear seat passengers, says Jaguar.
This edition of the XJ can only be had in the long wheelbase version of the car, the XJ-L. While most of the goodies are inside the car, there are a few exterior changes to talk about. The air intakes, for example, are lowered and reshaped and sport a generous helping of chrome.
Coming to the wheels, this edition of the XJ sports exclusive 20-inch Maroa forged alloy wheels with a dual-tone color scheme.
Meanwhile, at the rear, new oval tailpipe finishers in polished stainless steel and the metal ‘Ultimate’ badge underneath the ‘XJ’ nameplate differentiate this from the regular version.
Now for the interiors, especially the rear seat experience:
- Two individually tailored rear seats with power adjustments
- Massage and ventilation functions for the seats
- Full length leather trimmed central console separate the seats
- Table machined from solid aluminium with piano-black and chrome detailing, rises up from the center console at the touch of a button to provide a working area
- Two third generation iPads with wireless keyboards at the rear of the front seats
- Wireless headphones for the rear passengers
- Bespoke champagne chiller mounted between the two rear seats, cools the bottle to ‘the perfect temperature’
- Two specially commissioned champagne flutes inside a purpose made cabinet beneath the centre table
- Meridian 20-speaker surround sound in-car entertainment system
Jaguar also say that revisions to the suspension to optimize rear ride comfort have been made. However, this does not compromise the car’s dynamic ability.
The Ultimate Edition is available in two engine options-
- a 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol which comes in at INR 1.87 crore
- 3.0-liter V6 diesel priced at INR 1.78 crore
All prices are ex-Showroom Mumbai and pre-Octroi.
Interestingly, the first XJ Ultimate Edition has already been delivered to a customer in Chennai on February 22!