Suzuki Jimny Evolution launched in Italy
Posted on: Feb 27, 2013 - 11:12am IST
Yesterday we brought you news of the Suzuki Jimny receiving a minor facelift in Brazil. Today we come to you with news that the good old compact SUV has been relaunched in Italy.
Called as the Suzuki Jimny Evolution, the car gets certain improvements to its styling and equipment list to ensure that it stays in the market until help arrives through a new model.
Suzuki Jimny Evolution features
- 1.3 litre petrol engine which has figures of 85 bhp/110 Nm
- 0-100 kph in 14 seconds with a top speed of 140 kmph
- Combined fuel economy of 14.08 kpl
- 4×4 drive system
- Ground clearance 190 mm
- Angle of attack of 34 degrees and Angle of departure of 46 degrees
- Scoop on the bonnet
- New and wider front bumper
- Larger fog lamps
- New materials and fabrics for interior
- Upgraded seats and head restraints
- Boot space with the rear seats up stands at 113 litres and expands to 750 litres with the rear seats folded down
The Jimny is over 15 years old but its compact dimensions and ability off the road still has a sizable fan following in certain countries. That’s exactly what the Japanese carmaker is hoping to leverage on with the facelifted version.
The new Suzuki Jimny is available in two variants namely Evolution and Evolution+. The former is priced at €16,990 (around Rs. 12.01 lakhs) and the latter costs €17,890 (around Rs. 12.64 lakhs).