Image Update – High quality image gallery added to the post footer.
The Mercedes CLA sedan is a very important product for the German three pointed star in its attempt to regain the glory it lost to BMW and Audi.
The Mercedes A Class was a step in right direction with over 90,000 bookings in Europe, making it the most successful product in the automaker’s rich and lengthy history.
The CLA sedan, which is basically the A Class with a boot and a swooping roof line to go with it is also touted to be a grand success.
Like the A Class, the Mercedes CLA Class is based on the MFA platform which will underpin all the front wheel drive cars from Mercedes. The CLA will sit below the C Class to become the new entry level sedan in the German stalwarts portfolio.
Features of Mercedes CLA Class
- The Mercedes CLA250 makes do with a turbocharged 2.0 litre petrol engine which develops 208 bhp and 349 Nm mated to 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission
- Available with specially developed 4-MATIC all wheel drive system
- The Mercedes CLA class sets a new world record for the most aerodynamically efficient production car with a drag co-efficient of 0.23
- A radar based Collision Prevention Assist will warn the driver of obstacles and decides the brake force when the driver steps on the brake pedal
- Measures 4.63m in length, 2.03m in width and 1.43m in height
- Panoramic sunroof is available as an option
- Interior trim comes with Anthracite surface finish as standard but options include burl walnut wood, black ash wood and aluminum
- The optional Driver Assistance package includes DISTRONIC, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist
- PARKTRONIC enables autonomous parallel and perpendicular parking
- The CLA250 front wheel drive and 4-Matic variants get 17″ alloy wheels while the Sport package comes with 18″ AMG alloy wheels
- A 5.8″ touchscreen multimedia system with Bluetooth is standard and can be upgraded to a 7″ COMAND system
- The 4-Matic variant gets SiriusXM satellite radio, Harman Kardon LOGIC 7 audio system, heated front seats, auto dimming mirrors, integrated garage door opener, dual-zone climate control and a compass.
The Mercedes CLA Class will go on sale towards the end of 2013 which means, the stylish sedan will come to India in 2014.