Locally built Jaguar XF now starts at a tempting 44.5 lacs
Posted on: Jan 21, 2013 - 12:05pm IST
Germans Beware! India’s first locally built pouncing cat has finally arrived!
Jaguar Land Rover has notified IAB that they are commencing production of the Jaguar XF saloon at their facility in Pune. The Jaguar XF has also received a new heart and a price slash!
The entry level Jaguar XF will now be powered by a 2.2 i4 Td diesel engine with a power output of 190PS @ 3500rpm and 450Nm of Torque @ 2000rpm. The starting price you ask?
Well, that’s a thoroughly juicy 44.5 lacs ex-showroom Mumbai.
Standard features include:
- Rear view camera
- TV Tuner
- Touch screen navigation system
- Gear shifting paddles
- Electric sunroof and rear screen electric blind
The Jaguar XF can also be availed in the existing 3.0 V6 Td diesel engine (275PS) and a 5.0-litre V8 Supercharged petrol (510PS). All engines are mated to an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission. The Jaguar XF will be built alongside the Land Rover Freelander 2 at the Pune plant.
The key rivals to the Jaguar XF are –
- BMW 5-Series (Starts at Rs. 39,62,206 – Rs. 59,19,374)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class (Starts at Rs. 40,72,855 – Rs. 73,42,295)
- Audi A6 (Starts at Rs. 40,59,965 – Rs. 50,43,530)
- Volvo S80 (Starts at Rs. 33,34,234 – Rs. 45,02,581)
The Jaguar XF is definitely a much better looking car and a more exclusive one too. And now with a price slash, a potential segment leader in the making!