Image Update – High quality image gallery added below the post.
The Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the American take on European supercars has been unveiled in Detroit.
The supercar brings in a whole new design language and has performance and technology to talk on its behalf.
The successor to the C6 ‘Vette is entirely new and GM has completely re-tooled its Kentucky plant to accommodate the new C7 which shares only two components with the old car. The representatives from the government of Kentucky is also present at the unveiling.
Features of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Interior gets real carbon fiber, aluminium and hand wrapped leather materials and the seats get lightweight magnesium frame
- Dual 8″ configurable touch screens for driver information and infotainment system
- The car boasts a carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel, composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels, carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame to reduce weight
- HID headlamps with LED daytime running lights
Performance features of the Chevrolet Corvette C7
- 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine puts out 450 bhp and 610 Nm of torque
- The standard Corvette C7 will hit 100 kph from rest in less than 4 seconds
- The gear shifts from the new 7-speed manual transmission will be accompanied by Active Rev Matching which anticipates gear shifts and prepares the engine accordingly
- The C7 can achieve more than 1g in cornering grip
- Has a 50:50 front is to rear weight balance
- The most fuel efficient Corvette till date with fuel economy more than C6′s 26 mpg
- The drive selector alters as many as 12 parameters to deliver different driving characteristics
- Z51 Performance Package includes an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system for brakes, differential and transmission cooling, and an aero package that improves high speed stability.
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will be hitting the American roads in the third quarter of 2013.