Reader Mr. Ashok Kumar mailed us the first studio shots of the 2013 Maruti Wagon R facelift this evening and these images manage to fully reveal the changes on the facelift.
[Left – Outgoing model; Right – Facelifted model retains headlights and foglights but uses a shorter, single-slat front grille, trapezoidal air dam and slanted diamond shaped foglight enclosures]
[Left – Wagon R facelift’s interior has beige inserts on the dashboard, seats and door trims. The wedge for the CD ROM is V-Shaped and the surrounding buttons are placed outside the butterfly wings that existed on the pre-facelift. There’s a secondary glove compartment above the primary one]
Another reader Mr. Bhushan. P had sent us an email listing the changes that he observed on the new model at a dealership he’d just been to. Mr. Bhushan says bookings for the new model have begun already.
[Right – The seats feature a dual tone of brown and beige. The cabin immediately looks brighter and would appear more spacious than it is due to the optical effect of using a lighter shade]
Changes on the 2013 Maruti Wagon R facelift
- New front grill change which we knew all along and perhaps makes the older version look a little better
- Dual tone interior (beige + brown). Earlier there were dark gray and black interiors. The gray has been replaced with beige.
- An additional glove compartment
- Powered by the same 1L K Series engine that puts out 68PS of power and 90 Nm of torque, and comes in LX, LXI and VXI trims.
- Seats are in beige fabric
- Beige door trim fabric replaces a black layout
- Stereo system (VXI) has bigger switches
- The three fuel options would continue – Petrol, LPG and CNG – No diesel option in sight.
[Source – Old studio shots sourced from Facebook.com]