More details and specifactions of 2013 Skoda Octavia’s engine lineup released
Posted on: Dec 29, 2012 - 12:52pm IST
Meanwhile, Skoda has released more details on the set of engines that are on offer in their latest sedan. The new Octavia has grown in size but weighs lighter than its predecessor, thanks to the MQB platform.
The engines averagely emit 23% less CO2 than the previous version of the car. The four TSI petrol engines come from VW’s EA211 engine family and they are 22kgs lighter than the EA111 engines of the current Octavia (called as Laura in India), on an average.
Petrol engines for 2013 Skoda Octavia
- 1.2 litre TSI developing 84 bhp/160Nm with an economy and CO2 emission of 19.23 kpl and 119 g/km respectively, available only with 5-speed manual gearbox.
- Greentec version of the 1.2 produces 103hp/175Nm that returns 20.40 kpl and emits 114 g/km of CO2. It is available with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG autobox.
- 1.4 TSI Greentec pumps out 138hp/250Nm with an economy of 18.86 kpl and CO2 emission of 121 g/km. It is available with either the six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
- 1.8 TSI Greentec which generates 177hp/250Nm covers 17.54 kpl and emits 131 g/km of CO2, available only with the seven-speed DSG.
Diesel engines for 2013 Skoda Octavia
- 1.6 TDI with 89hp – 24.39 kpl – 109 g/km of CO2.
- 1.6 TDI Greentec with 103hp – 26.31 kpl – 99 g/km of CO2 – mated to 5-speed manual or 7-speed DSG.
- 1.6 TDI GreenLine with 109hp – 29.41 kpl – 89 g/km of CO2 – mated to 6-speed manual.
- 2.0 TDI Greentec with 148hp/320 Nm – 22.22 kpl – 119 g/km of CO2 – 6-speed manual or DSG.
All the Greentec versions come with Start/Stop system as standard. The CNG versions of the car is expected to be launched further down the line.
We expect the high end 1.8 litre TSI petrol and 2.0 litre TDI to be available in India.