Mahindra Quanto launched at 5.82 lakhs; Images inside
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
The Mahindra Quanto’s price has just been announced (ex-Thane) –
- Mahindra Quanto C2 – 5.82 lakhs
- Mahindra Quanto C4 – 6.35 lakhs
- Mahindra Quanto C6 – 6.86 lakhs
- Mahindra Quanto C8 – 7.36 lakhs
Mahindra Quanto launch pointers
- The word ‘Quanto’ is derived from the word ‘Quantum’ which means more. More power, space and fun to drive, in the Quanto’s case, Mahindra elaborates.
- The Mahindra Quanto, in 5+2 seating, comes in four variants (C2, C4, C6 and C8). It is powered by a 1,493cc CRDI engine that makes 100bhp@3,750 RPM, and 240Nm@1,600-2,300 RPM.
- The new engine, complying to BS3 and BS4 standards, is equipped with a twin turbocharger, making it the smallest ever engine to have two turbos.
- It is built on the proven Ingenio platform that underpins the Xylo and Genio models. Due to the platform sharing, less than 100 crore rupees was spent in developing Quanto.
- The turning radius is 5.4m and a ground clearance of 180mm.
- The vehicle returns 17.21 kmpl, according to ARAI certification.
- The DDAS feature (Digital Driver Assist System) is restricted to the two highest variants, while Micro Hybrid technology, that lowers fuel consumption by 5%, is available on all variants but the entry model.
- Safety wise, the Mahindra Quanto gets ABS on the two high end variants, while dual front airbags is restricted to the flagship variant.
- The target audience for Quanto is a newly married man. The car is attempting to fill the gap between a hatchback and an SUV.
- The Quanto is available in black, brown, silver, beige, red and white.
- The Quanto will be available through the network of 200 Mahindra dealers.
- Mahindra plans to take the Quanto to European markets in the future.
Mahindra Quanto Brochure scans
Mahindra Quanto Image Gallery
Contribute to IAB