Upcoming Hyundai Elantra Brochure leaked!
Kaustubh Shinde, They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don't find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store.Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
Hyundai is getting ready to launch its next product in the Indian market. The Elantra moniker is all set to be revived in India. If you have been following IAB very keenly, you would know that IAB was the first publication to reveal that the Elantra was testing in India way back in the November of 2011.
Now, thanks to our jolly mates at MotorBeam, we bring you the brochure scans of the upcoming Elantra. The key highlights include:
- The Elantra will be launched in petrol and diesel variants.
- The petrol variant will be powered by a 1.8L DOHC engine that produces 149.5 PS @ 6500 rpm and 177 NM of torque @ 4,700 rpm.
- The diesel variant will be powered by the mill lifted from the Verna. It is powered by a 1.6-litre CRDI with VGT that produces 128 PS @ 4,000 rpm and 259 NM of torque @ 2,750 rpm.
- It will be available with a 6 speed manual or a 6 speed automatic
- The Elantra will be available in 6 colors – black, silver, white, bronze, red and blue.
- On the inside, the Elantra will get two-tone cocoa black and beige interiors.
The Hyundai Elantra will be loaded with
- Dual zone AC with cluster ionizer
- Rear seat audio controls
- Rear AC vents
- Power driver seat with electric lumbar support
- Ventilated front seats
- Electric folding and heated outside rear view mirrors
- Electro-chromic mirror with rear view camera
- Silica tyres with 16-inch alloy wheels
- Rear parking sensors
- Solar glass
- Steering mounted audio controls with Bluetooth connectivity
- Automatic headlights
- Cooled glove box
The safety features of the Hyundai Elantra include
- Vehicle stability management (VSM)
- Electronic stability program (ESP)
- Six airbags
- Cruise control
- Hill hold control
Considering the brochure does not contain any variant details, we presume that it will only be available in fully loaded variants.
Stay tuned as we get you all the details from the launch.