New Chevrolet Cruze launched at 13.85 lakhs
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Update – GM India has just launched the new Cruze and the prices are attached after the jump.
These are pictures sent in by our Delhi man Shakti from the launch of the new Chevrolet Cruze. We expect the prices and changes to be revealed in the next 15 minutes. Remember there’s no facelift, so GM India better have a good reason for calling it an “all new” Cruze.
New Chevrolet Cruze changes
- 2-liter VCDI engine now produces 166PS, paired to a new 6-speed manual or 6-speed AT
- 6-way power adjustable seats
- Start-Stop button is standard across variants
- Power express driver side window with pinch protection
- Front foglights, tilt & telescopic steering wheel, Up-level smart screen now available even on the LT variant
- Clutch footrest
- Premium speakers
New Chevrolet Cruze powertrain
The new 2.0 litre VCDi engine produces 166 PS @ 3,800 RPM (up from 150PS) and 380 Nm @ 2,000 RPM working with a variable geometry turbo-charger and intercooler. It is paired to an “all new” 6-speed manual Transmission that boasts of a refined hydraulic clutch system.
A two-piece oil pan with an acoustic metal lower section and a Balancer Shaft Module reduce vibrations from the engine compartment. The camshaft is operated with a chain instead of a belt.
New Chevrolet Cruze price (ex-showroom, New Delhi)
- LT – 13,85,495 rupees
- LTZ – 14,77,495 rupees
- LTZ AT – 15,67,495 rupees