Breaking – Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel priced at 7.74 lakh
Posted on: Feb 22, 2011 - 8:36am IST
Maruti Suzuki has unveiled the SX4 Diesel with the 1.3-liter diesel engine. It boasts of a fuel economy of 21.5 kmpl and is available in three trims – VDi, ZDi and ZDi with leather upholstery.
The SX4 Diesel is priced between 7.74-8.62 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The 1.3-liter engine on the Maruti SX4 Diesel delivers 90PS of peak power at 4,000rpm. The engine offers a maximum torque of 200Nm at 1,750rpm.
Maruti Suzuki unveils the much awaited SX4 Diesel
‘Super Turbo’ delivers 90PS power and 200Nm torque
# Impressive fuel efficiency of 21.5 kmpl
# First car to be OBD-2 compliant
# First popular sedan to sport a Petrol, Diesel and CNG variant
Chennai, 22nd February, 2011: Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Limited, today unveiled its much awaited SX4 Diesel. The SX4 Diesel is cleaner and more fuel efficient than all comparable cars in its class and will be offered in three variants: VDi; ZDi and ZDi (with leather upholstery).
The Super Turbo DDiS engine mounted on the SX4, delivers 90PS of peak power at 4000rpm. The engine offers a maximum torque of 200Nm at 1750rpm, which is comparable to higher capacity engines in competing cars. To the customer this implies excellent response and acceleration. The high torque at lower rpm levels makes SX4 Diesel highly suited for city driving conditions as well. At the same time, the Super Turbo engine, with a linear acceleration curve, provides a consistent and smooth drive.
The SX4 Diesel offers an impressive fuel efficiency of 21.5 Kilometres per litre (certified as per CMVR rules). This is 8 per cent more than comparable cars.
This is the first car in the country to be certified as ‘OBD-2’ compliant. OBD refers to On Board Diagnostics. OBD-2 informs the customer of any malfunction in the emission control system which may be leading to undue increase in exhaust emissions.
At the launch, Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki said, “SX4 with a Diesel engine is one of the most attractive cars in the upper A3 segment. With the changed urban landscape, suburbs have become an integral part of cities and people travel long distances. The new age diesel technology as offered by the SX4 Super Turbo Diesel is high on power and performance while being low on emissions. SX4 Diesel offers an economical and punchier ride.”
Expressing confidence in the SX4 Diesel he added, “We expect the SX4 diesel to repeat the success of our other diesel offerings and strengthen the Maruti Suzuki portfolio”.
In the last four years, Maruti Suzuki has mounted diesel engines on Swift, Dzire and Ritz. All of them have been runaway successes. The SX4 Super Turbo expands and strengthens the Maruti Suzuki portfolio.
Incidentally, SX4 is the only popular sedan in the country to sport petrol, CNG and now a diesel variant.
Innovations, big and small, help to enhance the life of the engine, provide instant power and reduce emissions in the SX4 Diesel.
What makes SX4 Diesel most fuel efficient in its class
* Variable Geometry Turbocharger delivers higher efficiency and reduced emissions, besides instant power. Depending on requirement, the vanes in the turbocharger change their angle to provide optimum air flow. This optimizes efficiency across the engine rpm range.
* The high pressure fuel injection system delivers fuel at upto 1600bars. The high pressure pump has an in-built flow control mechanism to improve efficiency, while adding power.
* The high pressure pump, fitted on the engine, is equipped with an in-built ‘flow control mechanism’, further improving fuel utilisation.
* The Super Turbo DDiS engine uses lower viscosity engine oil (SAE 5W40), which enhances lubrication for smoother running.
* The Super Turbo engine is controlled through a remapped ECU which continuously communicates between the engine and the user.
What innovative features in SX4 Diesel enhance customer experience
* Adequate noise suppressants improve the NVH performance and make the cabin silent and comforting.
* The suspension and brakes of the SX4 Diesel Super Turbo have been suitably modified to account for the heavier engine and the changed weight distribution of the car.
* The engine has been calibrated for drive pleasure and offers excellent acceleration of 0-100 km in just 14.5 seconds.
The Super Turbo DDiS engine will be manufactured at Suzuki Powertrain India Limited, the Manesar-based joint venture of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan and Maruti Suzuki India Limited. This joint venture manufactures diesel engines for Swift, DZire & Ritz and has an annual capacity of 300,000 units.