Maruti to launch Suzuki Cervo in India with bigger engine?

Posted on: Feb 2, 2010 - 12:27am IST

The Suzuki Cervo was spotted testing in India a while back

Is Maruti Suzuki seriously planning to launch Cervo in India this year? There is a high possibility given a Cervo was spotted testing in India a few months ago. Maruti has not ruled out the possibility of the Cervo in India. It could introduce it with a locally sourced 1.0-liter K-Series engine. This car could be placed just above the Alto in the Indian stable.

The Suzuki Cervo originally comes with a 660cc engine that outputs 54bhp of power and 64Nm of torque. The vehicle could be a perfect modern-day Suzuki small car. With the same engine tuned in favor of fuel economy, it could be the best replacement for the Maruti 800 in Indian metros. The big question is whether or not Suzuki can price it so aggressively.

The Cervo looks like a smaller Chevrolet Beat with hints of Honda Jazz‘s design. The company has remained mum about the car’s prospects in India. Who knows, an official comment could be awaiting us in the next turn.

Image Source – Autocar India via Malteshashrit

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Maruti Suzuki?
Similar Stories

20 thoughts on “Maruti to launch Suzuki Cervo in India with bigger engine?

1. Mukesh Kushwaha says:

Dear sir,
    Kindly give the date when maruti cervo is come on indian road
    I am waiting & I am interested to buy this car.

Regards
    Mukesh Kushwaha
    Indore

2. SK Roy says:

Request inform me launching date in india. awaiting eagerly because i need a car urgently. This is the best car for me and medium class people in low price.

3. fazal rahman says:

Dear,
    Please tell me when maruti launches there new model name is cervo because
    we are waiting last 6 months.Give me the reply as soon as possible,

Thanking you,

fasal…,tirur.,
    malappuram
    kerala

1. hotrider says:

It would be launching some where around 1st Quarter of 2012.

4. raja shekar says:

this is a good car but i didnt like the engine power . it must be atleast 1.6 litre engine and 115 bhp . should be compititive for palio , verna , sx4 and all in this kind of variants . more over the price should be less than these variants .

5. atul daptardar says:

i love this car i want t oon it today only o god plesde vive me it

6. suhan says:

i like this car very much….

7. Tejinder Singh says:

i really want to buy this car becouse its good & cheap.