Test Drive – Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta – Likes and Dislikes
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
After spending almost a week with the i20, this is how we sum up –
Things we dislike –
1. Soft suspension during city drives.
2. Music system sound quality could have been better.
3. Absence of a live fuel mileage meter.
4. Rear seats offering less thigh support.
5. Horn provided is inappropriate for India.
6. Seats could have been leather at least in the top-end variant.
7. Gear shifting could be better, the Hyundai Verna diesel has one of the best gear shift feel in the Hyundai line-up.
8. Rear headroom is less due to the swooping roofline for tall passengers.
9. Instrument cluster backlight dimming function not present.
10. Absence of the front quarter glass like the which could come in handy during turning.
11. Price. Due to the level of export content, Hyundai is unable to offer this car at a lower price. If they did, it would mean even more VFM.
12. Absence of bottle holders or map pockets on the rear door pads.
13. Absence of vanity mirror on the sun visor.
14. Seat belt height adjuster absent.
Things we like –
1. Awesome engine with up market feel and refinement.
2. Loaded with gadgets which are only found on the top end variants of the mid-size sedans.
3. Belongs to a breed of Euro 5 Star safety rating cars.
4. Meaty tires with alloys helping a big way in improving the ride quality and handling.
5. Awesome mileage figures, we managed to get a figure of 14.5 kmpl with a heavy foot and 18.5-19 kmpl (combined) with a nice relaxing drive.
6. Braking ability of this hatch, remember this has all wheel discs aided by ABS .
7. Very stylish design from outside, very trendy and a sure head turner.
8. Superb interior design, very different design element used.
9. Super comfortable driver and co driver seats, they just wrap around you.
10. Huge huge glove box, not seen on may Luxury cars too, can sallow a laptop, its also cooled.
11. The windshield washer spray literally thrusts water on the glass, the cleaning is exceptional and very different from any other car.
12. Audio controls on the steering – not many hatches have it.
13. Retractable mirrors, noteworthy here is the function even works when you have removed the keys out of the ignition slot.
Standard features that the Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta comes with –
1. CD MP3 player with steering mounted controls.
2. AUX and USB ports.
3. Climate controlled AC.
4. Power windows front and rear.
5. Power mirrors and Retractable mirrors
6. Two Airbags.
7. Seat height adjusters on driver side.
8. Steering wheel adjuster for reach and height.
10. All wheel discs.
11. Rear defogger with washer.
12. Broad tires with nice alloys.
13. Remote locking.
14. Trendy key remote.