Mercedes Benz E-Class Coupe to Debut at Geneva Motor Show
The 2010 Mercedes Benz E-Class Coupe is a much anticipated replacement to the aging CLK Coupe, which has been falling against newbies like the Audi A5 and E92 BMW 3-series Coupe.
Styling is based on the new 2010 E-Class Sedan
Core Styling Elements:
- Retains the pillar-less glasshouse design with fully retractable side windows of the previous CLK
- Interiors has been lifted straight from the new 2010 E-Class Sedan
- Outstanding drag coefficient of 0.24Cd (comparable to the Toyota Prius and upcoming Chevrolet Volt)
- Four, Six and Eight-cylinder units with outputs from 200Bhp, 382Bhp & 500Bhp respectively
- The four-cylinder units are newly developed direct-injection units that develop higher output and torque than the V6-engines of the preceding series despite a smaller displacement.
- Four-cylinder diesel,
- Power – 200Bhp (150kW) and Torque – 369lb-ft (500Nm)
- Highest fuel-efficiency in the lineup, rated at 44mpg (5.3L/100km).
- Also available as a four-cylinder petrol; Power – 200Bhp (150kW) Torque – 229lb-ft (310Nm)
- V6 Diesel(Six-cylinder diesel)
- Power – 228Bhp (170kW) and Torque – 398lb-ft (540Nm)
- V6 Petrol)six-cylinder)
- Power – 288Bhp (215kW) and Torque – 270lb-ft (365Nm)
- 5.5L V8 Petrol
- Power – 382Bhp (285kW) and Torque – 390lb-ft (530Nm)
- Will debut with minimum of 500Bhp (373kW) later this year
Other Features of 2010 Mercedes Benz E-Class Coupe
- Drowsiness detection warning systems
- Pop-up bonnet,
- Road sign recognition,
- Automatic emergency braking,
- Adaptive self-dimming headlights.
- Newly developed sport seats with electric adjustment for seat height and backrest angle as standard
- Folding function for rear-seats to increase storage.
Mercedes’ Agility Control active suspension set-up
- Automatically adjusts the firmness of the suspension according to driving conditions
- Works together with a user-controllable selective damper setting called Dynamic Driving
Will hit European showrooms this May and will be sold Internationally by the third-quarter of 2009
Source: Motor Authority
Contribute to IAB