2018 Mahindra XUV500 (facelift) teased ahead of tomorrow's launch
Dhruv Saxena, Mechanical engineer trying to find his place in the world of automobile journalism.
Mahindra has released an image teasing the launch of the XUV500 facelift. April 18 has been set as the launch date for the 2018 Mahindra XUV500, which brings with exterior and interior updates along with revisions to the spec sheet.
2018 Mahindra XUV500 Exterior changes
- New chrome finish grille with chrome studs
- Revised headlamp clusters featuring horizontal LED strips
- 18-inch diamond cut alloy wheels (W11 only)
- New wedge shape tail lamp cluster
- Redesigned tailgate with a wider license plate recess
2018 Mahindra XUV500 Interior changes
- Black leather trim on the dashboard
- Silver finish on gear knob, handbrake and centre console
- New tan leather/leatherette upholstery
The 140 hp/320 Nm, 2.2 L petrol engine, introduced in December last year will be carried forward without any changes. According to a recent report, the power and torque output of the 2.2 L mHawk diesel engine will go up by 15 hp and 30 Nm respectively. It will deliver 155 hp and 360 Nm. Mahindra will continue the XUV500 with AWD, and 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmission options.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 has already started reaching dealerships so, expect deliveries to commence this week. It is likely to have an estimated starting price of INR 13 lakhs (ex-showroom) for the base diesel trim.
2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift - Image Gallery
[images source - Team-BHP]