Auto Shanghai 2013 Live – The Maserati Ghibli is ready to roll
I’m a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
We’re coming to you live from Maserati’s conference at the 2013 Auto Shanghai where the Italian car maker has just announced their all new offering, the Maserati Ghibli.
The Maserati Ghibli will now be the most affordable Maserati you can buy and it is pitched against the BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, Mercedes E Class and Jaguar XF. As Maserati aim to sell over 50,000 units/annum by 2015 (nearly 10 times more than current), the Ghibli is a very important car for them.
If you’re writing a test on the Maserati Ghibli, here is what you need to know:
- Four-door sedan, most affordable Maserati yet
- First diesel powered Maserati ever
- 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 diesel which consumes less than 6 litres/100 km
- Petrol engine includes a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6
- 8-speed automatic transmission on all variants
- Options of either rear wheel drive or a Q4 all wheel drive
- Supposedly sportier than the Maserati Quattroporte
- Made in Maserati’s facility in Grugliasco located in Piedmont, Italy and will be made alongside the Quattroporte
- Key model for Maserati to achieve their ambitious 50,000 units/annum target by 2015
The Ghibli will no doubt be a very enticing option for the executive luxury sedan buyer, especially given the heritage the brand has to offer.