Suzuki Ertiga launched in Thailand with an automatic transmission
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
We’ve been following the progress of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga very keenly, especially in its export markets such as Indonesia.
You can now add Thailand to the list as well as Suzuki have just launched the Ertiga for the Thai market. Actually, the Ertiga will be shown to the Thai public during the Bangkok Motor Show, taking place next week. However, the prices, trim levels and specifications of the Ertiga have already been announced. Here is what you need to know:
- Suzuki Thailand are marketing the Ertiga as the LUV – Life Utility Vehicle, just as they’re doing in India
- Good Handling, Comfort and Utility Space are the three features that are being talked by Suzuki
- Same 1.4-liter VVT K-Series petrol engine as the Indian model
- Three trim levels – Ertiga GA is the base with the 5-speed manual transmission
- Ertiga GL forms the mid-spec variant while the Ertiga GX is the top-end model. Both come with a 4-speed automatic transmission only
- Driver and passenger airbags with ABS for the GX model only
- GL and GX will get Aluminium alloy wheels
The automatic gearbox in question is a 4-speed unit, similar to the one found in the Maruti Dzire and Ritz.
As we reported earlier, the Ertiga for the Thai market will be imported from Indonesia. But, the Ertigas made in Indonesia are done so by assembling CKD kits shipped from India. Thus, it remains to be seen where the automatic gearbox is coming from: India or Indonesia?
Price wise, the Ertiga in Thailand starts from 554,000 thai bahts (INR 10.33 lakhs) for the base manual GA. The mid level auto will cost you 639,000 bahts (INR 11.91 lakhs) while the top end GX comes in at 689,000 bahts (INR 12.83 lakhs).
[Source – MotorTrivia.com]