Geneva Live – Audi RS Q3 marks first RS model in the Q Series
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Audi have just unveiled the first ever RS model on their Q Series range of cars – The Audi RS Q3.
Audi says that the RS Q3 combines “excellent power with outstanding everyday practicality”.
This is what you need to know about the Audi RS Q3:
- Powered by a 2.5-litre TFSI 5-cylinder engine
- Maximum power of 310 bhp at 5,200-6,700 rpm
- Maximum torque of 420 Nm between 1,500 and 5,200 rpm
- 0-100 km/h comes up in 5.5 seconds
- Top speed electronically limited to 250 km/h
- Seven speed S Tronic gearbox handles the power
- Power sent to all four wheels via Audi’s traditional Quattro technology
- RS Q3 sports launch control
- Fuel efficiency of 8.8 l/100 km (11.36 km/l)
The RS Q3 sports a 1-2-4-5-3 ignition sequence and this results in a sporty engine sound, says Audi.
Drivers can influence the flap control for the exhaust system and the accelerator characteristic by choosing one of the modes auto, comfort and dynamic using the standard Audi drive select system. In the dynamic mode, engine response is sharper and the engine sound more intensive.
The RS Q3 will be available in 19″ and 20″ wheels. The performance oriented SUV weighs about 1730kg as well. Audi have gone to a great length to lower the weight of the car. By using internally ventilated and perforated brakes and a new wave shape pattern, one kg has been saved!
Audi announced that the base price in Germany would start from EUR 54,600 (INR 39.16 lakhs) and deliveries would commence from fall 2013.