All-new Mercedes C 63 AMG ready to challenge the BMW M3 in 2014
Kaustubh Shinde, They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don't find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store. Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
The importance of the new Mercedes C Class cannot be stressed enough. BMW has just pulled off a master stroke with the new BMW 3 Series (F30) and is raking in volumes in both US and China.
Mercedes is developing the new C Class by testing it all around the globe. The test mule, shown above, was spotted by S. Moedt, a reader of the Telegraaf newspaper in Netherlands.
We have already done a comprehensive deep dive of the new C Class. Today, we are going to talk about the new C63 AMG. Here we have some important details of the upcoming fire breather from Mercedes –
- The new sports sedan from Mercedes will have the style of the next generation C Class (codenamed W205), but it will be enriched by numerous design elements to enhance aggression.
- It will have wider fenders and a front bumper with bigger air intakes. We will also see the the usual AMG quad exhaust at the rear.
- It will drop its 6.3L V8 in favor of the new M157 twin-turbo 5.5-liter V8. This engine will produce close to 460 hp and will be mated to a 7G dual-clutch gearbox.
- The new engine will offer reduced C02 emissions and better fuel economy.
- It will also feature sports suspension along with high-performance AMG wheels and racing tyres
- An optional performance package and a limited Black Series Edition will also be on sale pushing the power output close to 500 bhp.
Considering the new Mercedes C Class is scheduled to be revealed at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, expect the Mercedes C 63 AMG to be unleashed in 2014.