Many changes expected on the 2014 Mercedes E Class
They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don’t find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store.
Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
Mercedes Benz is in the process of giving the E Class a comprehensive mid-life facelift.
TopSpeed brings us yet another rendering of the Mercedes E Class. Although this rendering is of the E63 AMG, the most powerful variant only looks slightly different from the donor car, unlike the BMW 3 Series and its evil cousin BMW M3.
We also have some more information to share with you today.
2014 Mercedes E Class features and revisions
- The Mercedes E Class will return to a single headlamp structure and will get a new front bumper, grille and a new bonnet. The rear door skins, wings and tail lamps will also be comprehensively redesigned.
- There will also be newly designed air intakes that will provide better engine cooling.
- The platform will not change but Mercedes is working on increasing the perceived quality by improving the ergonomics, material quality and build quality.
- It will also get more supportive seats, new instrument graphics and an improved multimedia system.
- New turbocharged petrol four-cylinder engines from the A Class will be added to the line-up.
- Mercedes is working on tweaking the chassis of the E Class to make it more agile and nimble.
- It will also have an advanced new Magic Ride adaptive damping which scans road conditions ahead using a camera.
- Anti-collision systems will be enhanced on the Distronic cruise control and Brake Assist programs.
The facelifted Mercedes E Class will debut sometime in early 2013.
[Rendering Courtesy: Topspeed.com]