New rendering of the all-new BMW X5 hits the web
Kaustubh Shinde, They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don't find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store. Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
Thanks to AutoBild.de, we bring you a new rendering of the upcoming BMW X5. The test mules of the all-new BMW X5 has been spotted all across Europe and America undergoing rigorous testing for the official debut.
The 2014 BMW X5 (codenamed F15) expected to be revealed at the 2014 Detroit Motor Show.
Here are all the high points of the 2014 BMW X5 –
- The new BMW X5 will be a based on the new ‘X For All’ platform, a modular architecture for all future BMW SUVs.
- The new architecture will help reduce 450 pounds because of light suspension components. The new BMW X5 will weigh around 2,000kg and as a result less powerful engines will also provide adequate firepower.
- The new BMW X5 will not grow in dimension but the interior space will be enhanced thanks to smart packaging. BMW also has plan a more flexible 7 seater variant.
- The design will be on the lines on the new BMW 3 Series with a sportier kidney grille. The new grille will be larger, wider and more imposing than the previous generation. Rectangular exhaust outlets were spotted on some of the test mule.
- The headlights are expected to use the new LED technology.
- The design will feature more 3D layering as seen on BMW’s Vision EfficientDynamics concept.
- Black Panel display, Heads-Up Display, Night Vision, new iDrive system and an adaptive suspension are expected on the new BMW X5.
- The new BMW X5 will also have pedestrian airbags for a better pedestrian safety score in EuroNCAP.
2014 BMW X5 engines
- 2.0-litre four cylinder diesel engine with 245bhp
- 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 with 564bhp for the X5M
- ActiveHybrid variant consisting of a 3.0 litre diesel engine mated to a 109bhp electric motor
The new X5 is expected to be revealed next year but will only be launched in 2014.