What are the discounts offered by manufacturers this December?
They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don’t find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store.
Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
By Kaustubh Shinde
We all know December is the best time to buy cars. Many people wait for this month just because of the massive discounts that they can avail. And Yes! Even car manufacturers are aware of this trend and they also comply.
Its no Santa Claus knocking on your door; the basic funda is that once the stock enters the new year, it loses 1 year of depreciation and the resale value also drops with it.
Let’s straight go to the exciting part – What are the Discounts that you can avail of by buying a car right now:
• Maruti Suzuki is offering discounts ranging from Rs 20,000 on an Alto K10 to Rs 60,000 on an Estilo or an A-star to maximum value of Rs 40,000 on the SX4. The company is also offering exchange bonus up to Rs 25,000.
• Hyundai is offering a saving of 33,000 on Santro and Rs 40,000 new i10. It is also offering benefits worth Rs 45,000 on the Verna.
• General Motors has discounted the prices of Chevrolet Spark from Rs 3.22 lakh to Rs 2.73 lakh and for Beat from 3.53 lakh to 3.32 lakh.
• Ford is offering a huge discount of Rs 71,000 on the Fiesta. It also offering only 8 per cent rate of interest for Ford Endeavour and and Ford Figo
• Buy a Mahindra Xylo or a Scorpio before December and you can get a discount of Rs 50,000.
• Fiat is offering Rs 55,000 worth of benefits on the purchase of its Linea and Punto.
• Honda Siel is offering discounts on Jazz worth Rs 60,000
• Tata Motors is offering discounts on all models ranging from 50,000-100,000
• Volkswagen has issued a warning. It will raise Polo prices by 2.9% from January 2011. Current prices last only till December 31.
Remember, these discounts will not be given to you upfront but will be disguised in some ‘marketing’ jazzed up language like freebies, cash back etc. So make sure you haggle big time with your car dealer.
Do you have any discounts that we haven’t shared? Let us know we will include it 🙂