Dacia plans 8 new models; Next gen Logan by 2013
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
If you are a Topgear nut like me then there is one car that you will be most familiar with even if you have never seen one – The Dacia Sandero. The parent company Dacia has some serious plans till 2015 and by serious we mean a total of 8 new cars!
Let’s unravel them:
1) First is a low cost car called Citadine with a price tag of EUR 5,000 (we about it under the name Dacia City). The car will have a mash up of design features from Logan and Clio and will be powered by 1.2-liter engine borrowed from the Renault Twingo.
2) The company showcased its first SUV – The Duster at Geneva. They will be exporting it to the international markets as well. In the list of countries lies India. We're told that Duster will arrive in India by 2012 with the 1.5-liter dCI engine. It will be manufactured locally and part of it might also be exported.
3) Renault released a computer-generated photo of a mid-size 4.7-meter long concept code-named X52. Dacia can have its own version of it. We received information from our overseas friends that X52 is the codename of the next generation Logan which will be slightly more curvy and upmarket.
Groupe Renault's commercial director in Romania, Fabrice Cambolive -
Work is being done on the future Logan range, with the first model expected to enter the market in two or three years
4) A facelift for the Duster compact SUV, the Sandero are also on cards in 2014.
5) There are also plans to introduced a Van and a Pick up truck in 2015. The pick-up will most likely rely on the Duster for its components while the van could use the Logan's platform itself.
Dacia vice-president, Constantin Stroe -
Dacia will present a new model every year and in 2012 you will see extremely interesting things coming off the assembly line at the plant in Mioveni.
Will all these models come to India?