Tuning- Mercedes Benz C-Class CK63S AMG by Carlsson
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
This tuning package is for someone who believes a paper tiger is the competition clincher. Someone who doesn’t live his life in the real world. Someone who assumes more power is more speed and more fun than anything else. Someone who’d agree that a racetrack had to do away with corners and bends all together.
Carlsson Autotechnik introduces the CK63S based on the Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG. Let’s jump straight to the core argument of this tuning program
Could possibly be the worst Mercedes Benz to drive?
Motoring journalists across the world agree C 63 AMG is not made for corners. Jeremy Clarkson drove the C63 AMG on Top Gear and gave this Mercedes Benz a poor rating. It was overpowered and struggled to get all of it down on the road.
Carlsson unfortunately makes it worse by increasing the 6.3-liter V8 engine’s power by 108 hp to 565 hp. The maximum torque has been bumped to 685 Nm from the standard 600 Nm.
But how the Carlsson CK63S goes from zero to 60mph in 3.8 seconds, almost a second faster than the stock car is perplexing.
Good bits of the Carlsson Mercedes Benz C-Class CK63S
- three-part Carlsson carbon engine cover
- new exhaust system which consists of a sport rear silencer and oval stainless steel end pipes
- new aerodynamic kit containing new front, rear spoiler and a new front spoiler lip made of Polyurethane (PU) and carbon
- Ultra-Light series 1/16 forged light alloy wheels up to 40% lighter in weight
- sport steering wheel with a leather or ultra-suede cover
- ultra-suede in charcoal with a light colored decorative stitching at the doors and side parts of the seats
- aluminum pedals and door pins
Head over to revmods for the entire image gallery