Nissan to launch updated X-Trail by mid-2009
Nissan plans to a give a much needed facelift to its ageing X-Trail SUV which is likely to be launched by Mid-2009. The new X-Trail promises to be more powerful and fresh with new interiors and exteriors compared to the existing version.
- New bigger headlamps that lend a taller stance
- Refreshed bumpers
- Bolder wheel arches for a muscular touch
- Refreshed rear with a larger tail-lamp cluster that gives a boxy appearance to the overall car design
- Longer dimensions (175mm) and extended wheelbase (5mm)
- New Tail gate design
- Huge roof rails with path lights
- Instrument cluster is brought behind the steering wheel, which was earlier Centrally located(like in Chevy Spark and Tata Indica Vista)
- Larger array of knobs and buttons around the driver's seat to distract the driver!
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Vertical dashboard console expanded to accommodate new music system and GPS (Global Positioning System) unit
- Flat-folding rear seats with more boot space
The current Nissan X-Trail bears a price tag of 22 Lakhs(approx), and we expect the upcoming new X-Trail to be a few thousands dearer. That said, you will still get only 5 seats as opposed to the 7 seat configuration sold worldwide.
There is no official statement regarding a specific launch date of the refreshed X-Trail yet, but its expected that Nissan Motors India will reveal some information and details about the powertrain and mileage very soon. So, stay tuned to IAB for more updates!