2011 Porsche Cayenne- Thorough Details
Hi, I’m Harish Kumar, fondly known as Harry. Two words explain me – Car Nut.
Porsche had simply got it slightly off-course with the present Cayenne. It is too heavy and soft for a performance SUV and Porsche has just done the right thing with the 2011 model- The stronger presence of Driving Pleasure in it.
- The next generation Porsche Cayenne will be smaller and lighter than the present version and will share its platform with the next-generation Volkswagen Touareg and Audi Q7.
- The smaller size of the new Cayenne is because Porsche’s trying to create a car with the comfort of a SUV, but the handling characteristics of a Sports car.performance SUV than the current model,
- The wheelbase will be shortened by almost 40 mm, while the height will be reduced by about 20 mm.
- A taller waistline and LED daytime running lights are other additions.
2011 Porsche Cayenne Interiors
- Redesigned center console with air vents now positioned to the sides of the navigation screen just like in the Porsche Panamera, and fewer buttons than in the current model.
2011 Porsche Cayenne Engines
- Both V6 and V8 petrol engines, and a turbodiesel are options. Petrol-Electric hybrid powertrain will also be present (shared with the Panamera sedan)
- Power will increase across the range over the current model’s levels but emissions and fuel-economy will also be better.
- Kicking off the range will be an Audi-sourced 3.0L V6 turbodiesel with about 240hp (179kW) on tap.
- This will be followed by a 3.6L petrol V6 with 330hp (246kW) and a 400hp (298kW) 4.8L naturally aspirated V8.
- The Cayenne S will get a 420hp (312kW) version of this V8 engine, while a 500hp-plus (373kW) twin-turbocharged V8 will power the Turbo model.
- Finally, the hybrid model will feature the 330hp (246kW) V6 engine coupled with a 45hp (34kW) electric motor powered by nickel metal hydride batteries initially and lithium-ion units further down the track.
- Porsche’s new direct-injection technology will be present on all the engines and some could be matd to the company’s new dual-clutch gearbox.
- 0-60mph times of less than five seconds for top end models and top speeds of over 180mph anticipated.