Gadget of the day – Smart biker’s helmet by Nolan
Nolan Helmets, a Italian based company which started producing motorcycle helmets in Bergamo, Italy since early 1970’s has come up with a exciting product which connects you to the outside world while biking. It features a modular communication system that includes a bluetooth connection system which helps you to communicate on your mobile phone or listen to music on your mp3 player or to connect to a Bike-to-Bike Radio to communicate with other bikes or to your Honda Goldwing, BMW K1200 LT or Harley Davidson Ultra Glide. Moreover you can even talk with you co passenger via intercom. And its not over yet. It has a pretty cool gps system which send you commands through the bluetooth communication system. Basic one with N-Com communication system costs $319. Few of the above listed features are a-la carte. It comes with a wide range of different colors and graphics added to it. Technical specifications are listed below.
- Ready for N-COM communication system.
- Aerodynamic polycarbonate shell with built-in spoiler for improved stability.
- Pivoting chin bar with stainless-steel latching mechanism.
- Safety dual-action Centromatic release system.
- VPS (Vision Protection System) – short dark shield mounted on outside of the shell and moving independently from the clear shield with 3 positions.
- Fully removable and machine washable interior on snaps and tabs with extra neck roll for wind-noise reduction.
- Easier to open Jet Stream Wing® top vent and independently operated chinbar vents.
- Optically correct, tool-less quick-change Lexan® face shield, protected from UVA and UVB offering UV 400 protection.
- Multi-position anti-scratch shield accepts NFR antifog insert (included).
- Chin curtain included.
- Microlock® (adjustable quick release) retention system.
- Sanitized antimicrobial hypoallergenic inteior.
- Velour chin strap padding.
- DOT certified.