India-made Honda BR-V launched in South Africa at 238,900 Rand
Posted on: Oct 13, 2016 - 12:59pm IST
The Honda Mobilio will be discontinued in South Africa.
The Honda BR-V had its market launch in South Africa on 10 October, and following are the prices –
- Honda BR-V 1.5 Trend Manual – R238,900 (INR 11.14 lakhs)
- Honda BR-V 1.5 Comfort Manual – R252,900 (INR 11.8 lakhs)
- Honda BR-V 1.5 Comfort CVT – R268,300 (INR 12.52 lakhs)
- Honda BR-V 1.5 Elegance Manual – R272,900 (INR 12.73 lakhs)
- Honda BR-V 1.5 Elegance CVT – R288,300 (INR 13.45 lakhs)
The Honda BR-V for South Africa is exported by Honda Cars India. For the South African market, it is available only with the 1.5-liter i-VTEC petrol engine capable of 118 hp and 145 Nm of torque paired to 6-speed manual and CVT gearboxes. The CVT gets paddle shifts and 7-stepped ratios.
The Honda BR-V in South Africa is available in four colors – White Orchid, Urban Titanium, Alabaster Silver and Carnelian Red. A five-year or 200,000 km warranty and three years of AA roadside assistance is standard on all variants.
Other features on the Honda BR-V include 16-inch alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, projector headlights, roof rails, automatic climate control and rear AC vents.
According to one report, the Honda Mobilio will be discontinued in the South African market with the launch of the BR-V. Honda Cars India was exporting the Mobilio to the South African market.