5 things we know about the Honda CB Hornet 160R – IAB Picks
Posted on: Nov 24, 2015 - 12:09pm IST
Here are five things we know about the upcoming Honda CB Hornet 160R. The model is anticipated to be launched in the first week of December, though it was showcased at Honda’s RevFest this year.
- The CB Hornet 160R will be powered by the Honda Unicorn 160’s engine but in a more powerful state of tune. The 162.7 cc air-cooled single-cylinder unit on the Unicorn 160 produces 14.5 bhp of maximum power and 14.61 Nm of peak torque. The Hornet will get a 5-speed gearbox just like the Unicorn does.
- The Hornet 160R will replace the Honda CB Trigger, reportedly. The latter is powered by the standard Unicorn’s 150 cc engine with a different tune and has been offered as a premium alternative to the Unicorn 150.
- The CB Hornet uses a fully digital instrument panel, with a digital tachometer allotted to the top quarter of the screen. The cluster shows other readings such as the vehicle speed, trip-distance, time and fuel level.
- The Hornet will be offered in at least two variants – one with disc brakes on both wheels with CBS (Combi-Brake System) and another with disc brakes on both wheels without CBS.
- The Honda CB Hornet 160R will be positioned above the Honda Unicorn 160, and will compete with the likes of the Yamaha FZ-S FI (Version 2.0) and the Suzuki Gixxer.