2015 Honda Jazz – Features and Specifications
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Honda Cars India today launched the much-awaited 2015 Honda Jazz. Here’s a look at the features and specifications of this premium hatchback.
Honda Jazz Dimensions:
- Length: 3,955 mm
- Width: 1,694 mm
- Height: 1,544 mm
- Wheelbase: 2,530 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 liters
Honda Jazz Engine and Gearbox:
- Diesel engine option: 1.5-liter four-cylinder i-DTEC Earth Dreams producing 100 PS @ 3,600 rpm and 200 Nm of torque @ 1,750 rpm; ARAI certified mileage is 27.3 km/l
- Petrol engine option: 1.2-liter four-cylinder i-VTEC producing 90 PS @ 6,000 rpm and 110 Nm of torque @ 4,800 rpm; ARAI certified mileage is 18.7 km/l for MT and 19 km/l for CVT
- Petrol variant gets a 5-speed manual transmission and a CVT while the diesel gets a 6-speed manual transmission.
- Interesting Fact: India is the first, and only market where a diesel-powered Jazz is sold.
- The gear ratios on the Jazz diesel are 8 percent higher than that of the City diesel.
Honda Jazz Suspension, Brakes and Tires:
- Front: McPherson strut with coil spring
- Rear: Torsion beam axle with coil spring
- Disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear
- Tires: 175/65 R15 Alloy
Honda Jazz Features:
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Reverse camera
- Rear defogger
- Rear wiper and washer
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Rear spoiler
- Wing mirror integrated turn signals
- Black cloth upholstery
- Multifunction steering wheel
- 6.2-inch touchscreen AVN system with CD/MP3/Radio/USB/AUX-in/Bluetooth/Navigation/DVD
- Automatic AC
- Electrically adjustable door mirrors with power folding function
- 60:40 folding rear seat with ‘Honda Magic Seat’
[Note: These features are seen on the top-end VX model.]