DSK Benelli bags more than 300 bookings in two weeks of launch – IAB Report
Dhiyanesh Ravichandran, Dhiyanesh is too lovey-dovey with cars since childhood, and loves the sedans of 90s era. He went to Delhi School of Economics, but that couldn't steer him away from his passion for cars. Follow his blog posts @www.wagenclub.com.
Sells 5 sportsbikes across 9 dealerships in India.
DSK Benelli, the Indo-Italian joint venture between DSK MotoWheels and Benelli, has reported that it has bagged more than 300 bookings in a period of two weeks for the recently launched range of bikes. The brand offers five sportsbikes ranging from 300 cc to 1130 cc.
During the India Bike Week 2015 last month, the brand launched the bikes in their production ready form, with bookings commencing from March 10. DSK Benelli retails its motorcycles from showrooms in a total of nine cities across the country, namely, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, and Kolkata.
The current product range of DSK Benelli includes:
- DSK Benelli TNT 300 – powered by a 300 cc 4-stroke twin-parallel liquid-cooled engine making 36.2 bhp, priced at INR 2.83 lakh.
- DSK Benelli TNT 600i – housing a 600 cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled engine producing 80.5 bhp, priced at INR 5.15 lakh.
- DSK Benelli TNT 600GT – a superior version of TNT 600i with Givi panniers (luggage accessory kits) for touring enthusiasts and comfortable ergonomics for INR 5.62 lakh.
- DSK Benelli TNT 899 – featuring an 898 cc in-line 3-cylinder (4-stroke) liquid-cooled power mill generating 123.4bhp, priced at INR 9.48 lakh.
- DSK Benelli TNT 1130 – with a large 1,131 cc in-line 3-cylinder (four-stroke) liquid-cooled engine making a hefty 155.6bhp, priced at INR 11.81 lakh.
All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
DSK MotoWheels, as of now, imports the CKD units and assembles them at its facility in Pune. It also takes care of marketing and service of the Benelli products.
DSK also has a tie-up Hyosung Motorcycles in India. It is investing INR 400 Crores for a manufacturing plant near its existing one to make India a manufacturing base for Hyosung and Benelli brands.