IAB Picks – 5 things we know about the Tata Zest

Posted on: Jul 9, 2014 - 10:17am IST

The Tata Zest is inching closer to its launch that is set in early August. The latest compact sedan is the first new product by Tata Motors since the Aria in 2010 and is based on a comprehensively improved Manza platform.

Here are the 5 things that we know about the Tata Zest.

1. Sub-4 metre body length for competitive pricing

Tata Zest side profile - Geneva Live
The Tata Zest measures 3,995 mm in length.

Unlike its predecessor (Manza), the Tata Zest is a compact sedan measuring less than 4 m in length to take advantage of the Indian government’s small car excise duty concession. Hence the pricing would be competitive and its rivals automatically become the best-selling Maruti Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze and the Hyundai Xcent.

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Picks, Tata Motors?

9 thoughts on “IAB Picks – 5 things we know about the Tata Zest

1. Muzaffar says:

I saw Tata Zest in a Bangalore Mall a few days back and was pleasantly surprised with the over all finish of the Product. Interiors are superb and can compete with any Suzuki, Honda or Hyundai product. Plastics are also premium and Dash layout and Blue lighting is amazing. Wish Tata all the best.

2. mahesh patil says:

come back of TATA MOTORS with new zest,bolt cars….

3. SUJITH UNNIKRISHNAN says:

Max power and torque at each driving mode mode at rpm range ? will be intresting

4. Amala says:

Though I may not buy this car, I sincerely wish TATA s success. I will definitly buy the nexon. They wouldve been on stronger foot, had they launched it by now. Two years from now on might be VERY late for the party…

5. Deepak Chablani says:

Finally, after long, I feel like Tata’s are back in the game strongly. The Zest does look really promising from a lot of angles –

> The tall bulky stance gives an SUV’sh kinda look

> The interiors, the layout and design blew me away. Just looks like a perfect world from the pics. Possibly one of the best ever looking interiors in an Indian car

> Overall looks premium inside out & they can possibly look at exploiting global markets seriously now.

> A Revotron petrol engine with 3 driving modes was least expected from Tata’s…great effort and innovation. Needs to drive the car to assess the real world effectiveness, Tata’s seem to be extremely confident about this turbocharged engine though. Looks like a segment first feature for me

> Fiat’s Multi jet 90 ps diesel engine with AMT could be a real crowd puller too…having tasted success with the Celerio AMT. Again, another segment first feature for me.

> I’d expect a few more segment first features to be announced closer to the launch. A killer pricing and good after sales would complete the story for Tata’s.

1. Anish says:

Couldn’t agree more with you..

2. Bhargava says:

Very well said, Mr. Chablani !! Truly appreciate the detailed writing.

6. manoj katyal says:

Best 4m. Car in india

7. vasu says:

Atlast Tata has made good vehicle with loaded features. Waiting for it…..