Spied – IAB reader clicks the Ford EcoSport AT inside out

Posted on: Apr 4, 2013 - 2:56pm IST

The Ford EcoSport is waiting for the company’s pre-launch marketing campaign to conclude.

Ford EcoSport AT Front Ford EcoSport AT wheels

The mini SUV is on a tour to 12 important cities across the country where it will be displayed in the shopping malls over the weekends. The prospective customers can now go and check out the car but have to wait for about 45 days in order to know the price or book one.

Ford EcoSport AT steeringFord EcoSport AT gear knob

Apart from showcasing the car in the malls, Ford also has kick started the EcoSport Urban Discoveries contest expected to run through the month of May.

Ford EcoSport AT door trimFord EcoSport AT center console

Meanwhile, we bring you the exclusive spyshots of the Ford EcoSport AT. Our email feed subscriber Mr. Mohan, has sent us these elaborate spyshots of the interior and exterior of the car. It is to be noted that the automatic variant of the EcoSport has not been showcased at malls yet.

Ford EcoSport AT boot spaceFord EcoSport AT seats

As you can see from the pictures, the gear selector is finished in black. The interior has black and grey dual tone finish with black seats. Considering that the AT variant will be the top of the line petrol model, a dual tone beige interior could have gone a long way in improving the appeal.

Ford EcoSport AT tail gate trimFord EcoSport AT rear quarter glass

The hi-tech Powershift dual clutch automatic transmission is available only with the 1.5 litre petrol engine. The 1.0 litre EcoBoost petrol engine and the 1.5 litre diesel engine will be available only with manual transmissions.

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Ford, Spy pictures?

14 thoughts on “Spied – IAB reader clicks the Ford EcoSport AT inside out

1. Riteshg Dogar says:

Ford is extensivley testing the all new Ecosport all over the Nation. I saw 4 Ecosports being driven from Kinnaur, and from the look of it the vehicle is looking super slick on the road. I cant comment on the interiors as I didnt get the opportunity to look at it from the inside

2. mohan m says:

THE TWO IMPORTANT AND ATTRACTIVE ATTRIBUTES OF YOUR FORTHCOMING MINI SUV ARE:
    1. 1.0 LTR ECOBOOST ENGINE
    2. 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC (OR latest 8-SPEED AUTOMATIC fitted in the focus) TRANSMISSION.

THEREFORE, AN AUTOMATIC VERSION OF 1.0 LTR mini SUV WILL BE A DREAM CAR FOR THE URBAN AS WELL AS RURAL DWELLERS IN INDIA. THIS VARIANT PRICED sub Rs. 7 LKS WILL CAPTURE THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS FOR PREMIUM HATCH BACKS, C-SEGMENT SEDANS AND EVEN LARGE SUVs.

IT IS UNLIKELY THAT THE 1.5 LTR PETROL VARIANT – AUTO MATIC OR OTHERWISE – WILL EVER CATCH THE FANCY OF POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.

REGDS
    MOHAN.

3. ashwin says:

As we have experienced ecosports most of them have a negative opinion about the space. If at all ford is yet to start their production I wold recommend them to add two more variants in 1 lts and 1.5 diesel where the SPACE is utmost some what like Quanto and ONLY the basis requirement like A/C, simple USB deck, fog lamps, and power windows. BUT LOTS OF inner SPACE. Then let them find out. may be all those negative minded will have a positive approach to it. HOPE Mr. Joginder Singh Ford is listening / reading this sight.

4. jazzyjig says:

chek out the alloy wheels. looks like there are two designes across the variants. in the malls in delhi and mumbai display, they have more simpal one.!

1. vaibhav says:

Where in mumbai is it on display..

5. RAJ says:

prospective customers interest fading by never ending spyshots …..amaze we are waiting for you

6. Hitin suri says:

Really disappointed interiors & features . I finally told dealer to refund my booking amount.

and i forgot to switch off my google alert on ES…

I am off Ford Ecosport…. too disappointed with interiors.. I have booked Amaze earlier this week. Ford has killed all interest. after taking so long, they have delivered slum style interiors. They should learn a lesson from Honda executives who apparently interviewed several brio owners to take their feedback and incorporate it into Amaze. After more than a decade in India, Ford is still not accepting that beige interiors are more appealing than their standard black interiors. I feel ES will meet the fate of Vento. Vento cracked the market on its launch only to falter later on… Same thing awaits ES. Indian buyers typically just dont look at engine, etc. Looks, interiors, finish, features go a lot in influencing the buyers decision… I might sound like a spurned lover ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ – cos i googled right since Nov/Dec and waited for ES. After seeing it in Mumbai mall, it wasnt worth it…

Hey Sandy, Congrats. I think it would turn out to be a brilliant move. Hearing really great things about Amaze from everywhere, am mighty impressed with the little macho man ๐Ÿ™‚

Did they divulge anything on the pricing or variants by any chance?

2. Ravi says:

I do feel the same, Interiors not up to mark, i feel going to amaze

3. 1989rs500 says:

Indians are 2 aspirational, see Fords DNA lies in the way it drives, ride quality,features,exterior styling(sporty all other brands classy),ground clearence,1.0 ecoboost the best petrol engine in the world,1.5 tdci the most refined diesel engine i ve ever driven, Volkswagens in quality and comfort class power, Ford is always unique and legroom is low but more than enf 4 4 people with 5.5-5.9″ height,interior is the only negative 4 ecosport when there are a plithora of +ves 2 overshadow it, also interiors are not bad just average, better than DUSTER, what more do u need between 7-9.5l On the road price!

4. Yuvi says:

You guys already booking the Honda Amaze without test driving it..!

Very strange..Anyways congrats to your new car..:)

Keep us posted your first drving experience on your new car.

5. ashwin says:

I had an opportunity to have a live look and even experience the SUV today at Mumbai Infinity Mall at 1400 hrs. WOW was the FIRST reaction from the second floor and when I reached on first floor standing in front of the suppose to be FORD SUV. I felt WOW what a car. Later on, after a few minutes we had the opportunity to have a feel of it. Second experience was s*** what a dashboard. Too bulky and also the front view was not angular, means I could see the ground away from the SUV about 6 feet. That means if a obstacle is there right if front of the car you wont be able to judge it specially, problems will arise when you are driving on Ghat section. But as we all started to sit in it and experience the SUPPOSED TO BE SUV, more than half of the people present over there said that the back seat is equivalent to Alto 800, some said it is almost Beat specifications and so on. No one was satisfied with the space provided. There were murmurs that this is for Ham do hamare do Family. Lastly if this is for โ€œwe two our twoโ€ then at the price of over 8 Lakhs base variant who will go for it? But, for me it was a BIG S*** OF AN ELEPHANT, after all the hype generated for over a year. The front driver seats were cramp. The rear seat could hardly accommodation two Adults around 80-90 kg size. Over all it was a POSH Wagon R from Maurti . GOSH what a waste of time and hype. I personally am disappointed as I left Duster and Quanto from my hand. Had I earlier booked either of those I would have been a proud owner of one of those. Anyways, ALL THE BEST FORD.