Geneva Live – World debut of the Peugeot 2008
Posted on: Mar 5, 2013 - 12:55pm IST
We’re coming to you live from the city of Geneva in Switzerland, where the 83rd Geneva Motor Show is taking place!
The first conference for the day happens to be that of Peugeot and already the world debut of the 2008 has taken place.
Here is what you need to know about the Peugeot 2008:
- The 2008 takes over from the 208 supermini. The 2008 happens to be the compact crossover offering from the French car maker
- It was designed, developed and engineered simultaneously by employees based in Europe, China and Latin America
- Vehicles for Europe will be produced in the factory in Mulhouse, France
- With e-HDi diesel and three-cylinder petrol engines, Peugeot’s crossover achieves CO2 emissions starting at just 98g/km
- Start/Stop system
- Equipment includes Park Assist, a new PSA patented Grip Control for added traction, seven-inch touchscreen system, cruise control, six airbags, ASR and EBD
- 60:40 split rear seats boosts storage volume from 360 to 1,194 litres, of which 22 litres are under the floor. One press of the button at the top of the rear seat back folds the seat, as the base cushion retracts automatically.
The petrol engines on the 2008 come in the form of a 1.2-litre and a 1.6-litre. Totally, there are four petrol variants on offer:
- 1.2-litre e-VTi 82bhp
- 1.2-litre e-THP 110bhp
- 1.2-litre e-THP 130bhp
- 1.6-litre VTi 120bhp
Coming to the diesel versions, there are three versions available:
- 1.4-litre HDI 68bhp
- 1.6-litre e-HDI 92bhp
- 1.6-litre e-HDI 115bhp
Order books for the 2008 are scheduled to open in places like the UK in the month of May this year.
Stay tuned to Indian Autos Blog, Live from Geneva!