New Honda CR-V launching next week in India
Posted on: Feb 7, 2013 - 11:52am IST
We’ve been updating you on the new Honda CR-V since June 2009. Over the last 3.5 years, we’ve never failed to bring you a rendering, a spyshot or a photograph from the regional launch in an overseas destination.
Last month we informed you that Honda’s considering February 12 as a possible launch date. We also got you the first set of photos of the new soft roader while it arrived at dealerships, sent in by Rueben a couple of weeks ago.
Time for the roundup of all CR-V related news then.
- The new CR-V will be Honda India’s flagship model when launched. This new generation CR-V sits on a brand new platform and promises better interior space than its predecessor.
- Coming to the power-train, the CR-V would be available with two engine options, just like the outgoing car. A 2.0-liter petrol would form the base variants. Available only in 2WD, it would be mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic gearbox.
- The bigger 2.4-liter 185bhp petrol would be available only as an automatic and would also feature the 4WD system.
- The top end variants of the CR-V would also feature a 6.1-inch AVN system (Audio, Visual, Navigation) along with a sunroof.
- Features such as rear parking camera, leather seats, audio controls on the steering wheel, cruise control and one touch folding rear seats would come standard across the range.
- Two styling packages would be offered on the CR-V. A ‘Inspire’ package would get you chrome garnishes with scuff plates for the door sills and a tailgate spoiler along with sculpted running boards. An ‘Elegance’ package would not offer the spoiler and the running board, but would come with an extra helping of chrome.
- The new CR-V would be assembled in India and that could make Honda price it a bit less ambitiously (unlike the outgoing model).
However, that being said, the potential for a petrol only, 5-seater, not-so-true off-roader is still a huge question mark.
[Source – AutoCarIndia.com]