2014 Mercedes E Class Coupe and Cabriolet facelifts revealed
Posted on: Jan 5, 2013 - 3:19pm IST
After revealing the standard saloon and station wagon variants in the facelifted avatar, Mercedes has officially revealed the 2014 E Class Coupe and Cabriolet facelift.
Both models have received a comprehensive revamp in terms of design and technology. To start with, both models have received the one-piece headlight assembly. The headlamps are fitted with anti-dazzle LED lights as standard. Despite the one-piece assembly, the face has a four-eyed look, thanks to the arrangement of LED lights.
The front bumper has been revamped for both coupe and convertible individually. The coupe has more pronounced air intakes whereas the convertible has a more athletic one. The rear bumper has been restyled to give a wide-effect with “wing design” and chrome-look. The rear doors feature ‘pontoon’ flares over the wheels that featured in the outgoing design.
On the inside, the instrument cluster loses the two outer gauges and the designers added a centrally mounted analog clock.
Engine options include –
- 2.0-liter petrol turbo with 181 hp
- 2.0-liter petrol turbo with 208 hp
- 2.1-liter turbodiesel with 134 hp
- 2.1-liter turbodiesel with 168 hp
- 2.1-liter turbodiesel with 201 hp
- 3.5-liter V6 petrol engine producing 302 hp
- 4.6-liter, bi-turbo V8 petrol engine g producing 402 hp
Gearbox choices include a six-speed manual and a revised seven-speed automatic. Both cars come with brake energy recuperation and stop/start systems as standard.
[can’t see the video above? Head over to Youtube]
Being a Mercedes, both cars come loaded with safety equipments such as –
- Collision Prevention Assist
- Attention Assist
- Distronic Plus with Steering Assist
- Brake Assist Plus with Junction Assist
Prices will be available when the cars make their public debut at the Detroit Motor Show in mid-January.